Catch the Dots
In this project, we’re making a game where you rotate a controller to catch the colored dots correctly.
1) Delete the original sprite and draw a controller sprite. Put it in the center of the screen and sized appropriately.
2) When you click the left and right arrow keys, make the controller rotate. (Challenge: can you make the rotation motion smoother?)
3) Create a single dot sprite. (We will handle making more dots later.) When the flag is clicked, have it start in a the right-hand corner (we’ll handle randomness later) and travel towards the controller until it touches it, where it should disappear (and optionally make a noise).
4) Create your own custom block in More Blocks called “go to a random corner” and use it in your dot sprite.
5) Create a score that goes up whenever the dot is correctly caught. (Still just one color.)
6) Create a lives variable that starts at 3 and goes down whenever a dot is caught incorrectly. The single dot should continue to reappear at different corners until there are 0 lives. (Still just one color.)
7) Instead of having just a single dot, have your dot clone itself and delete itself. (Still just one color.)
8) Now add different colored dots. (Tip: this may involve tweaking of various parts of the game to make it fun but also possible.)
9) Optional: make the game get progressively harder and harder the further you get
10) Share your game publicly by clicking the share button in the top-right corner and submit it below.